|Course Dates||Thursdays: 11th January to 21st March 2024|
|Times||10:30AM - 4:30PM|
|Experience Level||Ages 18+, All Levels|
This course is part of our Elective Skills Workshop series. You will be studying alongside students from our pre-degree and degree programmes.
Traditional, skill based life drawing is complemented with contemporary drawing approaches in this exciting and multifaceted drawing course.
Working with life models throughout, students will begin the course by learning fundamental observational drawing skills in relation to the human form. This grounding will instill practical knowledge and confidence, which will then be used as a springboard for contemporary ways of thinking and working. As well as creating finished pieces, the drawing process will be firmly acknowledged as an art form in itself. Through innovative practical exercises, formal experimentation and group discussion, you will receive a holistic approach to drawing.
Your tutor will support you fully throughout the course in both group sessions and one-to-one support, providing very regular feedback, critique and constructive advice.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Experiment with different approaches to drawing the body
- Understand and apply measurement techniques
- Create rapid, intuitive drawing from short poses using a variety of media
- Create drawings from long poses using a variety of media
- Use drawing techniques convey the feeling of mass, volume, form and texture
- Capture the body in motion and draw moving forms using experimental techniques
- Explore different ways of creating space within drawings through composition
- Research, plan and complete a self initiated project
Image / Carl Randall