|Course Dates||Thursdays, 11th January - 28th March 2024|
|Times||6.30pm - 9.00pm|
|Experience Level||Ages 18+, All Levels|
|Location||Art Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HR|
|Recommend booking before||Wednesday 20th December 2023|
In this exciting course you’ll be able to combine both writing and illustrating to create your own engaging children’s picture book.
In the first five weeks of the course you will focus on:
– Writing the first draft of your story
– Developing a story arc
– Designing your characters
– Developing ideas for a page turning script and storyboard planning
In the second half of the course you will:
– Focus on developing and refining your visuals
– Experimenting with colour pencil, watercolour and mixed media to find the best way to bring your story to life
By the end of the course, you will have a final set of illustrations, a storyboard, several page layouts and an individual action plan to help you turn your story plans into a finished sample for a publisher.
After completing this course we recommend signing up for our Digital Illustration courses.
Our tutor Rachael Ball is a published author and an experienced teacher. Her book ‘The Inflatable Woman’ was a Guardian Best Graphic Novel in 2015.
Image / Rachael Ball