|Course Dates||Wednesdays: 10th January to 20th March 2024|
|Times||10:30AM - 4:30PM|
|Experience Level||Ages 18+, All Levels|
|Fee||£630 + £40 + extra plate costs|
This course is part of our Elective Skills Workshop series. You will be studying alongside students from our pre-degree and degree programmes.
Experiment with a combination of traditional printmaking techniques including simple block-print, etching, collagraph and mono-print to develop a print or series of prints. Printmaking both compliments and brings perspective to other areas of creative practice. Many printmaking techniques involve drawing in its many forms and will bring a new perspective and enjoyment to this fundamental artist’s skill. This course is ideal for artist practitioners working in any medium who would like to gain a perspective of print techniques and re-engage with the drawn mark.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Use printmaking tools and equipment correctly and safely.
- Create images using experimental combinations of printmaking techniques.
- Apply graphic mark making, intaglio and block print techniques in the creation of prints.
- Create a final print or series of prints, applying printmaking and editioning techniques.
- Research, plan and complete a self initiated project
Image / Temsüyanger Longkumer