We offer a range of art evening classes in painting, sculpture, drawing, print, ceramics, glass and digital for all levels at our central London location.
We offer a range of classes for all abilities and our superb central London location means we are easily accessible from in and out of London. We have a great choice of courses for people with different levels of experience, all of which are taught by our expert tutors who are specialists in their respective fields. Numbers in the class are kept to a maximum of 14 so that the tutor has plenty of time to go around and speak to each student individually through each evening, as well as teaching the group as a whole.
Please note, our courses are only suitable and available for students 18 years old and above. We have a variety of courses specifically designed for under 18’s as part of our Young Artists programme.
- Digital Illustration£170.00Course CodeEC2302094TutorLaura Nasir-TamaraCourse DatesMondays, 8th January - 5th February 2024Days5Times6.30pm - 9.00pmExperience LevelAges 18+, BeginnerFee£170LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRRecommend booking beforeMonday 18th December 2023The aim of this course is to give students a solid overview of the many possibilities Photoshop offers in terms of digital drawing. Each class will be exploring a different type of illustration, including portraiture, character design and environment design, using references and learning how to move away from them to develop every participant’s own visual language. As well as thinking about principles of illustration and drawing that can apply to all media, the aim of this course is to acquire a comprehensive set of digital skills through a series of creative exercises and briefs. While beginners are welcome to the course, a basic level of computer literacy is required.MORE INFO
- Digital Photography: Building on Techniques£170.00TutorKaterina IacovidesCourse DatesTuesdays, 20th February - 19th March 2024Days5Times6.30pm - 9.00pmExperience LevelAges 18+, Beginner+Fee£270LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRThis course will take your photography to the next level, building on your current skills and introducing you to different types of specialist photography. You will expand your knowledge of how to use your Digital SLR camera as well as gaining a technical overview of how to get the best out of your work. You will explore composition for different types of photography such as still life, people and landscape, and the equipment and settings needed. Students will be expected to take photographs in their spare time to put into practice what they have learned. There will be the opportunity to share and talk about your photographs, and receive constructive feedback. You will also be given the option to edit your favourite images with Photoshop, with guidance from the tutor. Throughout the course you will learn: -How to create visually interesting photographs -Lighting and post production tips to produce high quality images -How to edit your photographs -How to develop your own personal style This course will encourage you to get the most out of your camera and explore which aspects of photography you might wish to develop further. By the end of this course you will feel more confident, have a better understanding of the many forms of photography, and have developed a small portfolio of work for you to build on.MORE INFO
- Digital Photography: Fine Art£170.00Course CodeEC2302098TutorKaterina IacovidesCourse DatesTuesdays, 9th January - 6th February 2024Days5Times6.30pm - 9.00pmExperience LevelAges 18+, All LevelsFee£170LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRGet the most out of your Digital SLR camera. Our experienced tutor will give you the understanding of how to properly use your own DSLR Camera, giving you step by step instructions of the functions of your individual camera model. Learn how to move away from auto modes and create stunning and professional images. The course has a focus on Fine Art Photography, its history and how students can use their cameras for their own individualistic self expression. The course will cover: - Understanding light: How aperture, shutter speed and ISO work to create exposure - Different types of focusing. How to photograph still and moving objects. - Technical nature of Photography in a variety of environments - Photo composition You will have the opportunity to learn how to get a quality exposure in a variety of environments. The course will teach you about the technical nature of photography as well as how to compose better images. With individual tutor feedback on your images, this is the perfect introduction to getting better acquainted with your camera, improving your confidence with it's technical possibilities. Once completed we recommend joining our Digital Photography: Building on Techniques course.MORE INFO
- Digital Painting£170.00Course CodeEC2302095TutorKaterina IacovidesCourse DatesWednesdays, 10th January - 7th February 2024Days5Times6.30pm - 9.00pmExperience LevelAges 18+, All LevelsFee£170LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRRecommend booking beforeWednesday 20th December 2023This five-week course is a fantastic introduction for those who would like to learn essential digital painting tools using Photoshop. Based in our Digital Suite, the tutor will guide students through a serious of exercises designed to teach variety of techniques and processes including: - Design concepts - Composition - Shape and Colour - Texture - Layering - Digital Collage Students will be expected and guided to create a final image of their own, bringing together what they have learnt over the previous weeks. After completing this course, we recommend signing up to one of our Digital Illustration courses.MORE INFO
- Dian JoyDigital Art: Moving Image£630.00Course CodeE2302T003TutorDian Joy, Lynn DennisonCourse DatesThursdays: 11th January to 21st March 2024Times10:30AM - 4:30PMExperience LevelAges 18+, All LevelsFee£630This course will enable you to become more familiar with moving image and audio-visual media, its production and presentation. This course is part of our Elective Skills Workshop series. You will be studying alongside students from our pre-degree and degree programmes.MORE INFO
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
Art Academy Moodle
165A Borough High Street
London SE1 1HR
+44 (0) 20 7407 6969
OFFICE OPENING HOURS
9.00am – 5.00pm