Our Patron Scheme is a new community of dynamic philanthropists who are committed to supporting art education and who recognise it as the cornerstone of the UK’s creative ecosystem.
AAL is an artist-led institution that receives no revenue support from the government. Our Patrons’ support is vital for our work to make our unique art education accessible more widely. We believe art education has the power to be transformative, because we all benefit from unlocking our individual creative potential: from personal wellbeing, to societal development and economic health.
As a Patron you will be supporting our vibrant artistic community by enabling us to:
- Offer bursaries for our academic courses, enabling artistic excellence to be achieved by students from all walks of life
- Provide local schoolchildren with free places on our Young Artists courses
- Support art teachers nationwide through free professional development courses at a time of government underinvestment in art education
- Provide free tuition to local charities working with disabled artists
- Provide low cost studio space for artists in zone 1
- Maintain and update our facilities to enable broader accessibility and to offer our students a high-quality experience
If you are a UK taxpayer, your donation can qualify for tax relief under Gift Aid – so if you donate £600 to the Academy, we can claim an additional £150 from Inland Revenue. If you’re a higher-rate taxpayer, you can also benefit by claiming tax relief on your donation; for example, as a higher-rate taxpayer, you could claim up to £250 on a £1,000 donation, so your gift would only cost you £750.