We offer a range of art evening classes in painting, sculpture, drawing, print, ceramics, glass and digital for all levels at our central London location.
We offer a range of classes for all abilities and our superb central London location means we are easily accessible from in and out of London. We have a great choice of courses for people with different levels of experience, all of which are taught by our expert tutors who are specialists in their respective fields. Numbers in the class are kept to a maximum of 15 so that the tutor has plenty of time to go around and speak to each student individually through each evening, as well as teaching the group as a whole.
Please note, our courses are only suitable and available for students 18 years old and above. We have a variety of courses specifically designed for under 18’s as part of our Young Artists programme.
- Sculpting in Metal£180.00Course CodeEC2301034TutorJames Knight: 3rd, 10th & 24th October, Julian Wild: 17th & 31st OctoberDays5Course DatesTuesdays, 3rd October - 31st October 2023Times6.00pm - 9.00pmExperience LevelAll LevelsFee£180LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HR‘Sculpting in Metal’ is an opportunity to explore the various practical processes involved in making metal sculptures. This course is an excellent opportunity to work on an individual project in a workshop with an experienced tutor. You will receive tailored guidance from your tutor, theoretical and technical assistance throughout the duration of the course. The course provides the required knowledge, practical skills, and Health and Safety guidance to work with welders, angle grinders and other specialist metal working machinery. You will gain the skills to develop your own sculpture, or series of sculptures within your practice. You will receive individual feedback on your work from the tutor. The course is open to students who have no experience in metalwork, as well as those who wish to refine their skill set.MORE INFO
- Friday Mix£260.00Course CodeEC2301315TutorVariousCourse DatesFridays, 6th October - 1st December 2023Days8Times6.30pm - 9.00pmExperience LevelBeginnerFee£260LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRThis course is an ideal way to explore a wide variety of artistic methods and media, learning new artistic skills, discovering what you enjoy most, and developing creative ideas. Over the ten weeks, students work across the different disciplines of painting, sculpture, drawing and printmaking. Throughout the course, students will have a chance to improve observational drawing skills, along with more expressive sculpture and painting. Students will also learn to approach the human figure through drawing, painting and sculpture, before rounding off the course with an introduction to printmaking. This is a great ‘taster’ course and an excellent opportunity to develop new skills, explore materials, and have fun.MORE INFO
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
- Introduction to Clay Sculpture£185.00Course CodeWC2301003TutorAnthony WatersCourse DatesSaturday & Sunday, 21st - 22nd October 2023Days2Times10.00am – 5.00pmExperience LevelBeginnerFee£185LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRThis 2-day course is an exciting introduction for beginners, as well as for those with some previous experience, to gain or develop basic sculpture skills. Working mainly in clay and plaster and some other mixed media, you will learn a range of techniques with the opportunity to explore your own creative project. The combination of clay and plaster opens up creative possibilities and offers a fun weekend at your own pace. You will spend the first day creating a small clay figure sculpture from a life model. On the second day you will develop creative sculpture using plaster and mixed media no need to worry if you have nothing in mind until you arrive for the course. This is a great opportunity to discover, or return to, making 3-dimensional work and develop an individual approach. There will be the option to leave your finished sculpture for hollowing and firing for an additional fee.MORE INFO
- Introduction to Portrait Sculpture£205.00Course CodeWC2301004TutorAnthony WatersCourse DatesSaturday 30th September - Sunday 1st October 2023Days2Times10.00am – 5.00pmExperience LevelBeginnerFee£205LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRPortrait sculpture is an immensely absorbing and enjoyable discovery with every new sitter. This course aims to introduce you to the process; to observe and translate your observation into a clay portrait sculpture from a life model. Whether setting out a portrait head from a structural point of view with a clear path of constructive method and/or searching for a more expressive manner of approach, you will benefit from exploring with a professional sculptor to help build upon your own sculptural experience.MORE INFO
- One Day Taster: Sculpture – 12th November£105.00Course CodeTAS2301T03TutorFarnoush AminiCourse DatesSunday, 12th November 2023Days1Times10.30am – 4.30pmExperience LevelBeginnerFee£105LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRThis is a fun, day-long taster course in sculpting with clay and plaster for those who may be considering a longer evening or daytime course and want to try it out first. Spend the morning with the joy of clay to create a small figure sculpture from a life model. In the afternoon mix plaster and other media to make your own creative sculpture. No need to worry if you have nothing in mind. This is a great opportunity to combine these two basic sculpture skills and techniques. There will be the option to leave your clay sculpture for hollowing and firing for an additional fee and you are welcome to take home your plaster piece. Throughout the day the tutor will lead the class in practical demonstrations to help you get a feel for the medium and the way it can be manipulated into shape and form. We aim to foster self-certainty and an enjoyment of sculpting in a relaxed yet stimulating environment.MORE INFO
- Sculpture Masterclass – Half Scale Torso£210.00Course CodeWC2301053TutorEllen ChristiansenCourse DatesSaturday & Sunday, 4th - 5th November 2023Days2Times10.00am – 5.00pmExperience LevelAges 18+, AdvancedFee£210LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRThis is an intensive 2 days working with a life model on a half scale torso sculpture. We will be measuring the model in a very precise way, up close,using calipers, plumb lines and scaling rulers. This is an opportunity for students with previous experience of working from life in clay to build on their clay modelling and observational skills. It’s also an opportunity to learn about surface anatomy and the skeleton.MORE INFO
Art Academy Moodle
165A Borough High Street
London SE1 1HR
+44 (0) 20 7407 6969
OFFICE OPENING HOURS
9.00am – 5.00pm