Art Academy London is an independent art school and charity that champions making art education accessible to all. As part of this, we engage with the public in many ways, including on our website.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
What cookies do we use?
We use several different cookies to help us run and improve our website, including:
- Strictly necessary or functionality cookies: these are cookies that are required for the operation of this site e.g. cookies that enable you to use a shopping cart to book a course or buy materials from us.
- Functionality cookies: these are used to recognise you when you return to this site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Analytical/performance cookies: these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around this site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way this site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting and third party cookies: these cookies record your visit to this site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make this site more relevant to your interests.
We may share your information with third parties or use third party cookies, including:
- Google Analytics: these cookies help to understand how users interact with our website. Find out more here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
- WordPress: our website is hosted on WordPress, which uses a plugin called Woo Reporting. These cookies help us operate the site and provide you with a better service, and include information provided when you purchase a course or materials. If you sign up to our newsletter, your email address and name (if provided) may be stored here. Find out more: https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/cookies/
- WooCommerce: these cookies track information about your shopping cart, enabling you to use purchase courses and goods on our website. These cookies do not store personal information about you. For more info, see here: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-cookies/
How to turn cookies off
You can block cookies by adjusting the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of this site. For more information on how to do this please refer to: https://www.aboutcookies.org/.
This site logs your Internet Protocol (I.P.) address. All computers that are linked to the internet have an I.P. address. An I.P. address does not provide identifiable personal information.
Manage your cookies?